Friday, December 10, 2010

Today's Lunch

Personally, lunch is one of those meals that has to be healthy and give me energy to get through the afternoon.  This salad could easily have been wrapped into a tortilla with some hummus and avocados, but I guess I just felt like salad today.  My one-year-old had brown rice, black beans and cucumbers (his new favorite food) for lunch, so I decided to put that on a bowl of baby spinach along with some shredded carrots, tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.  Quick, easy, healthy, delicious!


After our run this morning, that wasn't quite enough, so I finished off with a couple of my favorite whole-grain chocolate chip cookies (recipe coming soon)...yum!





**I was recently asked where I buy some of the more unique ingredients in my recipes, so I thought I'd start posting an ingredients list.  Let me know what you think!

Today's Ingredients:
Organic Baby Spinach - Trader Joe's
Organic Cherry Tomatoes - Trader Joe's
Organic Cucumbers - Trader Joe's
Organic Brown Rice Bowl - Trader Joe's (Easy and quick!  I also buy bags of Organic Short Grain Brown Rice at Costco)
Organic 'Bunny Love' Shredded Carrots - Fred Meyer
Organic Canned Black Beans - Fred Meyer (I love Freddy's organic beans, they are best I have found!)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Costco





No comments:

Post a Comment